If after reading this notice you have questions, please contact us at:
Member Services ABD Federal Credit Union 27850 Mound Road Warren, MI 48092
Information We Collect About You
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms
- Information about your transactions with us
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms; this may be obtained from your current or past employers, or from other institutions where your conduct financial transactions.
- Government Offices
We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, as permitted by law.
Parties Who Receive Information From Us
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of third parties:
- Financial service providers, such as insurance companies, and mortgage service companies
- Non-financial companies, such as consumer reporting agencies, data processors, check/share draft printers, financial statement publishers, retailers, plastic card processors, and government agencies
Disclosure of Information to Parties That Provide Services to Us
In order for us to conduct the business of the credit union, we may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing or other services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements so that we may provide members competitive products and services. We may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you under circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct the operations of our credit union, follow your instructions as you authorize, or protect the security of our financial records.
To protect our members' privacy, we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentially protections and limit the use of information we provide. We do not permit these companies to sell the information we provide to other third parties.
How to Opt Out or Stop Certain Disclosures About You
If you prefer that we do not disclose nonpublic personal information about you to nonaffiliated third parties, you may opt out of those disclosures- you may direct us not to make that disclosures (other that disclosures permitted by law). If you wish to opt out of the disclosures to nonaffiliated third parties you may select one of the following:
Contact the credit union and request an opt out form be sent to you.
You may opt out of these disclosures at any time. This opt out, by law, will not apply to disclosures that are legally permitted or disclosure we make to companies that perform services on our behalf or to other financial institutions that have joint marketing agreements with us.
Once we receive your request, we have reasonable amount of time to stop the disclosures. You may always contact us for assistance if you wish to later revoke your opt out election.
Note to joint account holders:
If you and someone else (or others) who is/are not member(s) of our credit union has/have obtained a financial product from us, the nonmember(s) is/are eligible to exercise the right to opt out. If any one of you exercise the right to opt out, we will treat it as if all of you directed us to not make disclosures to nonaffiliated third parties (except those that are permitted by law).
Disclosure of Information About Former Members
If you terminate your membership with ABD Federal Credit Union, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as may be permitted or required by law.
How We Protect Your Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, or procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
What Members Can Do To Help
ABD Federal Credit Union is committed to protecting the privacy of its members. Members can help by following these simple guidelines:
- Protect your account numbers, plastic card numbers, PINs (personal identification numbers) or passwords. Never keep your PIN with your card, which can provide free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers, etc. To other persons. If someone calls you explaining the call is on behalf of the credit union and asks for your account number, you should beware. Official credit union stall will have access to your information and will not need to ask for it.
- Keep you information with us current. If your address or phone number changes, please let us know. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately.
- Let us know if you have questions. Please do not hesitate to call us - we are here to serve you.